You've discovered paradise at Majors Estate, a gated 200+-acre ranch with 1.5 miles of frontage on the Pigeon River in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Amenities at Majors Estate include a mountaintop viewing area, a private tennis/basketball court, an outdoor entertaining and dining area, a riverside gazebo, a children's play area, and a barnyard with cows, donkeys, goats, and chickens. As a testament to its natural beauty, Majors Estate has been designated as a National Wildlife Federation Certified Habitat, #189295. Named to honor the Pony Express mail service of the wild west frontier, this brand new log cabin offers a covered front porch with rocking chairs and a beautiful year-round mountain view. You'll appreciate the convenience of being able to cook your own meals while on vacation, and the wood burning cook stove completes the cabin's feel of pioneering authenticity. Cozy up by the pot-bellied wood stove in the living room and watch movies on the flat-screen TV with satellite service. Take advantage of the mountain weather and enjoy the gas grill! Groups are welcome at Majors Estate! Ideal for retreats and group gatherings, the estate offers four log cabins - Imani's Cabin, Jaisel's Cabin, Pony Express, and Taj's Cabin - with a total occupancy of 23 guests. This vacation rental is located in Clyde and is approximately 40 minutes to downtown Asheville.• 2-Story Cabin
• Main Level: Bedroom One - 1 Queen Bed; 1 Full Bath
• Upper Level Loft: Bedroom Two - 1 Queen Bed with attached Full Bath
• 2 Bedrooms: 2 Queen Beds
• 2 Full Baths
Important Property Notes:• A 4WD, AWD, or front wheel drive vehicle is recommended due to the steep, gravel driveway. Vehicles with low clearance are not recommended.
• Pony Express features a wood burning cook stove in the kitchen. The cabin does not have an electric stove or range, however there is a microwave, hot plate, and toaster oven.
• In order to help maintain the quality of the tennis courts, please wear white-soled tennis shoes when playing tennis or basketball.
• Firewood is complimentary at Majors Estate. No outdoor fires.
• Barnyard visits must be coordinated with the property managers.
• Limited Internet - This property has extremely limited internet service. Please note that it cannot be used for video calling, transferring files, or streaming music or movies. The internet service is only available for basic web browsing and checking emails.